Would you leave $10,000 to $50,000 on the table?
More than 3.75 million Americans did just that with money they earned and saved for retirement!
The American dream is built on the foundation of a good job, a lovely family and money in the bank to enjoy life’s pleasures. A large part of fulfilling that dream and ensuring long-term financial freedom comes down to saving for retirement.
Yet, 50 percent of Americans who have once participated in a retirement plan have abandoned an account at a previous employer. In fact, an ING Direct Survey found that 15 million orphaned 401(k) accounts representing more than $1 trillion in investment dollars littered the financial landscape in 2010.
Gold and other precious metal assets have long been considered the original form of currency and they are universally valued around the world. This uniformity makes precious metals a popular investment vehicle for investors looking to hedge markets and protect their nest eggs.
If you have an abandoned 401(k), 403(b), 457(b), ROTH IRA, TSP, SEP, SIMPLE IRA, TRA, or TSA, there is a simple solution for rolling over your abandoned retirement assets without having to lift a finger – let Noble Gold do all of the work for you.
Why is so much money being abandoned by investors each year? The answer is simple. Investors either forget they had an account, aren’t sure what to do with it or don’t want to go through the time and hassle of rolling it over.
The two worst things an investor can do with an orphaned 401(k), IRA or other retirement vehicle is to cash out the funds or continue to let it sit stagnant. Cashing out retirement funds leads to heavy taxation (and penalties if under the age of 55) and extinguishes an investor’s ability to experience long-term compounding. Allowing a retirement savings account continue to sit untouched is essentially throwing money out the window.
By partnering with a trusted professional, investors can remove the hassle from recovering orphaned assets and rest assured that their nest egg is migrating into a safe and secure retirement vehicle.
Here’s How the Gold IRA Transfer/Rollover Process Works
- The first step is to fill out the online IRA set up form here. The form is easy and will only take a minute to fill out.
- Within 24 hours, our Noble Gold IRA team will contact your new custodian and get your account setup for you. An email with your new self-directed IRA account information will be sent to you for your records.
- It is time to decide how you would like to move your abandoned funds, and there are two ways of doing this – a transfer or a rollover.
- With a transfer, you don’t have to do anything. A transfer involves moving the assets directly from one custodian to another custodian without you taking receipt of the funds. Our team will work with New Direction IRA, your self-directed IRA custodian to get your funds moved over quickly. Typically, it takes between 3-7 days to move your funds from your old custodian to your new custodian. Once the funds are moved over they will put the funds into an FDIC money market account and your account representative will call you.
- A rollover is when you take receipt of your funds and have up to 60 days to reinvest them into a new retirement plan. Your current IRA account provider mails a physical check to your home. Then you are responsible for mailing the check to us. As long as the funds are deposited into your new Gold IRA within that 60-day window, there are no tax penalties.
Reclaiming your abandoned retirement assets is easier than you think when you choose to partner with a trusted professional. In three simple steps you can take your hard earned money from orphan status to a secure market hedge and retirement saving vehicle.
Still not sure if investing in a gold IRA is right for you? Download our FREE Gold & SIlver Investment Guide to get a better understanding of the benefits precious metals can add to your portfolio. Or give our team a call at 877-646-5347 and we’ll happily answer any of your questions with no expectations.